Wednesday 3 February 2010

The First Couple of Days

So semester 2 has finally started to my relief. We have all given our presentations on what we want to specialize in until the end of term.

I have chosen to investigate space which evokes emotion. Also the relation between public space and emotion. Of course I have set myself a substantial reading list.

Installation Art

by Nicolas de Oliveira and Nicola Oxley

One Place After Another: Site-specific Art and Locational Identity

by M Kwon

Public and Private Spaces of the City

by Ali Madanipour

The Production of Space

by Henry Lefebvre

Public Emotions

by Perri 6, Dr Susannah Radstone, Corinne Squire, and Amal Treacher

Species of Spaces and other pieces

by Georges Perec

Non-places: Introduction to an Anthropology of Supermodernity
by Marc Auge and John Howe
The Aesthetics of Disengagement: Contemporary Art and Depression

by Christine Ross

Relational Aesthetics

by Nicolas Bourriaud


So I will have my hands full! Yay for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment